« Home | No problem » | Can you feel » | Let it fall » | "I'd like to come back as a giant Flemish rabbit. ... » | Lucky bastards » | All over the place » | OH SHIT SON » | Fully armed and operational » | Won't change how I feel today » | Shelf space » 

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 

Think long

My review of the Mates of State/Black Kids concert I covered for PopMatters is up today.

ooh, ick, sounds like a drag, never got the Black Kids phenomenon myself...but nice write-up. you seem to have captured the vibe, such as it was.

Thanks! I feel kind of bad about being a little underwhelmed by a show I got into for free, but them's the brakes. It doesn't help that in the interim between requesting the show and seeing it I discovered that Matt & Kim are basically what I had secretly always wished Mates of State are (that's thanks to you, by the way).

"them's the brakes"?????????????????

Aw jeeze. Not quite sure where my head was at there.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates