Either way it's a crazy golf course
On a much less sensible note, a little while ago Julia sent me a line from the album she thinks is hilarious. And I didn't think it was that funny at all, which meant that while listening to RIB again today I wrote down all the things about Romance Is Boring I thought were funnier (because I'm a jerk, yes). Between this one, the new Hot Chip and the new Magnetic Fields I am feeling the urge to write something on the use of humour in music, but god only knows when/if I'll find the time. Anyway, that list (which, yes, is often dependant on context and delivery, it's music after all):
1. "But let's talk about you for a minute"
2. "I think I'd do it for love, were it not for the money"
3. "And so fucking on, and so fucking forth"
4. "I think we'd make about a hundred million pounds"
5. It's been over quoted, but still: "I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock"
6. "And what exactly do you mean by 'and what can you even eat'?/and how does that affect how I'll get off this evening?"
7. "I'll bind you and gag you and all's well that ends, I suppose"
8. "And if this changes your life, did you have one before?"
9. the title "I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed, Just So You Know"
10. "I'm pretty sure I can heeeeaaaaarrrrr you"
11. "There were racists on the radio, trying to give up smoking"
12. everyone yelling "Can we all please just calm the fuck down?"