« Home | Moves his hands just like clockwork » | Hot Chipapalooza » | Either way it's a crazy golf course » | This frequency my universe » | Kind of a big deal » | Catching up » | More than this, I'm more than this » | You think you have what you own » | Calm, collected » | "You think you can choose the kind of guy you are?" » 

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 

"We must try to contribute joy to the world"

Whether or not you always agree with him, whether or not you read him, hell, whether or not you like movies; if you write or enjoy criticism, you owe a Roger Ebert respect if nothing else. Until I read this great and unsettling (photo-wise) essay on his life post surgery (by which I mean post-food, post-drink, post-talking), I had no idea his health had taken such a downturn. Let's appreciate him while he's still around, okay?



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates