« Home | A series of unfortunate events » | "You can quote me on that." » | O=0 » | "an act firmly grounded in pleasure" » | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | I only want one night » | You've done hell for me » | The Neil Young approach » | I'm losing your train of thought » | You might call it the aesthetic object » 

Friday, April 09, 2010 

god's pee

So Godspeed You! Black Emperor (I prefer the original punctuation) are going to be touring again. I still have the (quite nice) poster from the last time I saw them live, and I would love to do it again. That announcement, however, only mentions ATP, "a handful of british and european shows, and then 9 american towns." Really? One of the most significant Canadian bands of the last 20 years is reforming, and they're not playing Canada? I mean, yes, most "American tours" by American bands have a few dates up here, but from these guys I expect if they say American dates they mean American dates.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates