« Home | Mail call » | Palm meet forehead » | Oh, those crazy Russians » | Sometimes I forget I'm still awake » | "mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they... » | Dark sided » | One for the quote file » | Lions and witches and wardrobes, oh my » | Small mercies » | Phantasmagoria » 

Monday, December 12, 2005 

Miscarriage

Guy has cops bust into his house, unannounced and sporting paramilitary gear, looking for a criminal. Guy is not the criminal, has no criminal record, is guilty of no crime. To defend self and daughter from the mysterious armed men, guy shoots one of the cops; he dies later.

Guy is up for execution. Now, you may be reading my extremely simplified version of events and going "maybe the details make it less clear, maybe this was just murder", but if you read what Rogers has up on the case, or especially check out the source he links in his entry, it gets worse the more you find out. Let's hope something gets done to say this guy from getting killed.

Land of the free, home of the brave, etc.

I love that place.

I need a drink.

Wait, if that's Jeromy over there, then who is J?

Well folks, it's once again time to buy a winter coat for use in Hell; Ian and I are on the same wavelength on this one.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates