« Home | Timeline » | Sing Lazarus » | Exchange » | Meeeeeeeeeeme! » | Not actually that clever » | Double shot » | Diagnosis of a foreign frame of heart » | Voot! » | "Why am I not happy?" » | Early but late » 

Saturday, February 11, 2006 

Where have they been?

The front driver side window on Cait's car broke just before she drove us to Oakville today - she had it down to ask Ben a question and it never went back up. I haven't been that cold in a long, long time (especially on the way back, once the sun had gone down).

My listening did prompt a little thought, though - I haven't read everything recently written about musical hauntology, but one band/album I haven't seen mentioned is Joy Division, particularly Closer. Especially considering the circumstances of its release.

And on a lighter note, how about the Avalanches? I'd love to see someone get in depth with Since I Left You.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates