« Home | Arendt in New York » | A better box of burgers » | Armour » | "Unique in his recollection" » | Risk addiction » | Old home week » | I think I lost my headache » | The night's results » | It's only lightning » | Audio architecture » 

Friday, April 07, 2006 

Monomania

For some reason (possibly the birthday hijinks I attended last night for my friend Kyra, who seems to be recovering well today) I've been very single-minded in my listening today. First I washed the dishes to five or six plays of the Tragically Hip's "Something On", and then I spent three or four hours in an Arab Strap-induced fugue.

I also finally caved and bought Underworld's Second Toughest In The Infants and Massive Attack's Protection today, both albums I've almost bought repeatedly over the years. Especially the Massive Attack, given how much I like all of their other albums. But I guess that's what a sudden infusion of cash will do for you.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates