« Home | HELL YES » | How the fuck did DMX win? » | Terrifying? » | Don't be a fool, Billy » | I try not to link every post there, really » | "And yet … and yet despite it all …" » | Odile » | Go die now » | Behind his eyes he says, I still exist » | "I get it. Very dry, Dad. That's good stuff." » 

Friday, August 25, 2006 

I got a million things to say

So, I'm in the weird position of being both happier and more angry than I normally am. A friend gave me the Global Frequency pilot (downloaded illegally, ooooooh!), and I finally got around to watching it, thanks to Aaron.

It is more wonderful than I had expected (and I had high hopes) - the moment at the end of this post finally makes sense. I was glad to hear that Aaron came to some of the same conclusions about the whole premise and the bitter, bitter irony of it being killed in its crib as I did.

And that's where the anger comes from, of course. Aaron had to leave as soon as it finished, but neither of us could really talk much about it anyways - it made us too upset. I know where Rogers is coming from when he says "what was I thinking?" but he knows, and we know, and pretty much everyone else who has seen the damn thing knows why he had to try.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates