« Home | Mind is a razorblade » | I suppose I should have told you that I am on fire... » | Many happy returns » | O Canada » | Suicide prevention » | Virtual spectres » | And when somebody asks if I'm ok, I don't know wha... » | Still no MySpace » | Smokeless » | Arrrrrrr! » 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 

Worse than Sandi Thom

Time again for the Singles Jukebox, although this time a couple of my blurbs didn't make it. I wasn't that impressed by DJ Webstar and Young B's "Chicken Noodle Soup" (4), but that's nothing compared to my sheer loathing of Lily Allen and Hinder (both richly deserved 0s).

There was a thousand-dollar chicken noodle soup contest going on at a club down here the other night. I entertained the thought of participating for about 2 seconds, and then thought better of it.

How does one win that? Is there a dance?

oh, ian!

the song wouldn't exist without the dance and vice versa.

Well, I'm Canadian. I know not these things.

You totally should have entered, though.

Just out of interest, if "LDN" gets a 0, what does the much worse "Smile" get?? (or is it the lyrics that are the biggest problem here?)

Well, on the one hand, I don't think I've heard "Smile". On the other, I am content with 0 reflecting a whole range of hideous possibility. All of which is total shit, yes, but there are levels.

And the lyrics are most definitely the biggest problem.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates