« Home | There is thunder in our hearts » | Developments » | You really must watch this » | A truly startled baby » | It's not about fashion » | Shove it » | The weird » | Double duty » | Wonk » | Inspiration for dudes! » 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 

At least the PVR is recording House

So I showed up for a group meeting for the presention we have in the MA Seminar this Friday, and it was much shorter than I expected it to be. Good, right? Well, except that when I attempted to buy a sandwich for breakfast I got "INSUFFICIENT FUNDS" back at me. And I should have had at least a couple of hundred in my account, not less than seven bucks.

So I go check it... and student loan payments have come out. Leaving my account at $-100. Now, I got the form to tell the National Student Loan Center I'm in school again the very first day it was available (I know it was the first day because I showed up the Friday before looking for it and was asked to come back on Monday), and gave it to the person working at Student Financial Services who assured me, in response to my direct question, that I would not have money coming out of my account at the end of September.

So I call the NSLC. And they say they've never recieved the form. So I got wait in line for half an hour at Student Financial Services and am told that they may have just been too slow in processing my form to have sent it over yet, but fill out this other one and we'll get it to them immediately, really! So I call my bank to let them know what happened and to try and ensure they won't fuck me with fees - nope, no luck there. I can't even get approved for overdraft protection, despite this being maybe the third time the account has ever been negative since I got it, back when I was eight or so (and one of those times was when the bank itself switched me to a higher-fees type of account with asking me, so I'm pretty sure that doesn't count).

And then I go the gym, exercise, and find out the hard way that the building is out of hot water.

Basically, if any of you have anything unpleasant you wanted to tell me - I'm adopted, you teabagged me while I was asleep once, I have cancer - today is apparently the day to do it.

Since you are adopted I teabagged your birth mother and gave you cancer while you were sleeping last night. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. Now I'm reconsidering - oh well, bygones.

If you want I can buy you a pint tomorrow at Franks if you feel teh need to go out.

Also did you put in my cheque - it still hasn't cleared for me.

I did, a while ago.

And I appreciate the offer, but I'll be too busy working on this presentation. No drinky for me.

That guy who told you that you were "The Sexiest Man Alive".

I think he was drunk.

OH NO YOU DI'NT.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates