« Home | Shove it » | The weird » | Double duty » | Wonk » | Inspiration for dudes! » | Worse than Sandi Thom » | Mind is a razorblade » | I suppose I should have told you that I am on fire... » | Many happy returns » | O Canada » 

Thursday, September 28, 2006 

It's not about fashion

Fantastic article from the Atlantic about glamour and superheroes. The first page had me thinking they kind of missed the point, but the second page more than makes up for it. Virginia Postrel nails how powerful and how important this stuff is (and no, we're not just talking about superheroes...), and it would probably surprise no-one who's still following this thread that glamour is pretty closely related to what I've been calling the weird, the uncanny, etc, etc.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates