« Home | At least the PVR is recording House » | There is thunder in our hearts » | Developments » | You really must watch this » | A truly startled baby » | It's not about fashion » | Shove it » | The weird » | Double duty » | Wonk » 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 

Tired

New Singles Jukebox, my take on experiencing Pere Ubu for the first time.

I like the latter a lot! I think I experienced something similar when first listening to Neutral Milk Hotel.
Thanks for your JJ72 comments a while back by the way, which helped me towards understanding the feelings explained my Seconds today.

I gotta say I enjoyed the piece but could raskolnikov be any more of a douche? I read some of his other criticisms because it's lunch at work and I'm bored - and man is that guy annoying.

Ben: I'm sure even he has fans. Just ignore him - it's what we do. Anyone who claims to know the objective truth about good and bad music should probably be beneath your notice.

Iain: Glad I could be of help, although I think that Seconds is better than input would have indicated...

And I really should get around to listening to that NMH album I bought a while back.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates