« Home | My night is coloured headache grey » | Until the end of the world » | Bwa ha ha » | Smooth move, Ex-lax » | Mixed blessings » | Plug me in » | I wanna hold your hand » | I am young and I am lost » | Just so we're clear » | Beware bookcases » 

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 

They got it for cheap(?)

All due respect to everything I've read before, including Evan McGarvey's fine review at Stylus, but this is the first thing I've read that really makes sense of the Clipse/makes sense talking about the Clipse to me. Mike Powell in being-awesome shocker!

And yes, like every other white critic with a blog, I've been listening to and enjoying Hell Hath No Fury. I'm not a fan of rap - which is not the same as liking or disliking it: I don't listen to nearly enough to be a fan, but I like some of it. Should its kind-of crossover appeal be held against this album? I doubt it.

Mathers - saw your complaint about getting hold of Tamas Wells' albums. Have you checked out CD Baby? They look like they can get it to in Canada for not much money.

Otherwise, I can probably burn you copies of mine if you want!

I have been hooked up with a digital copy... but, you know, I didn't even think to check CD Baby. Thanks, I imagine I'll wind up buying a proper copy!

(and can I just say it's awesome how the Stypod keeps me relatively well informed about Australian music?)

Well, with Michael Tran's parochialism and my mixed-feelings we've got it pretty covered!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates