« Home | "That room is fucking evil." » | Conceptual whiplash » | We are so happy to have you join the team! » | I was looking for a job and then I found a job » | A tentative yes to ankle socks » | None more black » | Slight return » | I'm just way too tired » | Quick, look elsewhere! » | Being self important is all I have » 

Sunday, June 24, 2007 

Good weekend

So yesterday, in the course of a pretty awesome bachelor party I decided to try one of the 25 cent slots at the Mohawk Raceway. I was going to sit at a particular Tiki-themed machine, but my brother urged me to sit at the next Tiki-themed one down. I did, and on my second pull I won the maximum jackpot for that machine - $1,500. We went on to have Popeye's chicken and I ended the night by being sick in a church garden (not something I'm proud of, and I think I startled a cat) and crashing at my girlfriend's. This afternoon I check my email to see that Michael ("Mick") Derrick of the devoutly missed Prolapse has sent me a brief email regarding my flute top ten and the fact that Prolapse's "Framen fr Cesar" is mentioned therein. He informs me that the title is an anagram for Frances Farmer. I think I'm just going to relax and write tonight.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates