« Home | "I want people to be afraid of how much they love ... » | Eat the music » | Don't act so innocent » | Space dust » | I wanna bring you too » | Sudden and sad » | 26 » | And I'm staring you straight in the eyes » | Crack wise on the price of fame » | It begins » 

Friday, August 17, 2007 

Heirlooms

I just used my grandfather's socket wrench set, which I inherited when he passed away, to disassemble my hated, back killing futon (well, it did good service for ~6-7 years first, so no real complaints). I love socket wrenches, as far as tools go, and my grandpa's set are an example of old, well-built tools that still work better than anything I could afford to buy at Canadian Tire. They're very solid. I feel oddly adult right now.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates