« Home | Merry friggin' xmas » | Me, me, meeeeeee » | But the prettiest sight to see » | Kind of unrelated » | Oh sh- » | Muscle Mystery » | Consensus » | I'm not necessarily proud of any of this » | There you stood on the edge of your feather » | Worthy » 

Friday, December 28, 2007 

Give till it hurts

97% of the Hilton fortune will go to charity. It'd be nice if that was the rule, rather than the exception. Of course, 3% of that fortune is still millions; it's not as if anyone in the family will be starving in the starving in the streets.

I think Buffet said it best: children should inherit "enough money so that they would feel they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing."

That will be my goal for my own children. By that standard, Hilton needs to donate quite a bit more than 97% to charity.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure what amount I'd leave, myself. $100,000?

Those HIlton girls disgust me... What has society come to when these chicks are famous for partying? Now they are just famous for being famous. So, in the end, it does not matter that they only get a few millions, now they are making their own millions by being stupid on TV: just look at "The Simple Life"

The amount Paris gets paid for showing up at a party is pretty disgusting, it's true.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates