« Home | Muscle Mystery » | Consensus » | I'm not necessarily proud of any of this » | There you stood on the edge of your feather » | Worthy » | I can't take my eyes off you » | Mouth full of pain » | A romantic about music » | I didn't even have to use my A.K. » | There's nothing more terrifying than a scientist w... » 

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 

Oh sh-

Twenty-three patients with incurable, highly infectious and drug-resistant tuberculosis have escaped from a South African hospital, local media report.

It's far away, and it's not exactly zombies, but it still doesn't do my stress levels any good. The patients escaped because they wanted to spend Christmas with their families, apparently. The mind boggles.

This is amazing. Could well infect the whole planet in a few years, in which case someone should run a book on which will hit us hardest first: incurable TB or the 2012 comet.

Viva la apocalypse!

Eh. It all had to end sooner or later, anyway...

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates