« Home | This isn't helping my painful ambivalence about th... » | Why do you do what they tell you? » | Joy inducing external causes » | More valuable than the Mona Lisa » | I am young and I am good » | Tell me what to do if it all falls through » | Light headed » | Top marks for the cops » | Some kind of breakthrough » | That light may just be a train » 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 

Nothing makes any sense anymore, but everything rhymes

I started reading emusic's unofficial blog right about when, uh, I became aware that Todd Burns was working there, but I probably should have earlier; if I ever come around to MP3s as more than evaluation tool before I buy the CD, I'll probably pony up the dough for a membership. The blog is fantastic, anyway, and not just because today they give us something truly wonderful: John Darnielle talking about five of his favourite Mountain Goats songs in truly lovely, inspiring fashion. That man can write like a motherfucker.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates