« Home | Sometimes you walk by the good ones » | 10 blocks » | A constitutional re-play of mass production » | Whip it, whip it, whip it » | Indexed » | And I'm not even mentioning the bowling ball » | Different kinds of quality » | Noosed and haloed swear words » | I got a million things to say » | HELL YES » 

Thursday, August 31, 2006 

Show them the goddamned fang

Okay. I know I'm not American, and I know some of you aren't either. But watch this. Only so that you know where Keith Olbermann is coming from when you watch this.

Wow. Just wow. I am too used to thinking of Olbermann as just an ex-sports anchor. I can't justify it even a little, but watching him say what he needs to say makes me feel very, very proud (of being progressive? or rational? or just human?). I just saw it with my own eyes, and I still can't believe he said it on a national news show. He's not Edward R. Murrow, as he himself stresses, but if he's the best American news can do right now I suddenly feel better about their chances.

(Links, and post title, via the ever-essential Kung Fu Monkey)

That was actually pretty awesome.

Verily.

So, quasi anonymous person... does the name mean we're supposed to dismiss you out of hand as a clever way of dismissing an actual argument?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates