« Home | When Hell is full » | Up came a fist » | There's a song on the radio with a "love you" line » | Load the guns, avoid sleep » | Production and reproduction » | You know, they've shown that being sufficiently ti... » | Everyone is almost done with me » | And a guy with any kind of courage / would maybe s... » | Close to nothing at all » | And oh, how cute you seemed » 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 

"whatcha think"

Every so often I really do get a piece of spam that manages to approximate art in its text, especially when slightly edited for legibility:

She staggered to the door and unbarred it, and heard someone speak Im handy with cards and I can deal myself three out of the four acesagain in blessed human voice.

I slapped you once, but you really deserved far more, said Fred,The door opened, and she found herself looking into the face of Rancebut thats not much good to a man who tries to earn an honest living. IBelmont, and her feartortured eyes gave him a glad welcome.

gravely.She seized him by the arm, holding to him as a child fearsmitten inam willing to try workit may be all right for anything I know. Ifthe night will hold fast to the one who comes in answer to his cries.

Maggie will take me Ill promise to leave cards alone, and Ill do   ;
What did I do thenRance Belmont knew how to make the most, yet not too much, of anwhatever she thinks I ought to do.advantage. He soothed her fears courteously, gently; he built up the as I banker afterward learned I arrived, way for on several post occasions

You got up and behaved yourself so nicely I was sorry that I hadntfire; he made her a cup of tea; there was that strange and subtleMaggie and her mother took a few days to consider. On one point theirinfluence in all that he said and did that made her forget everything

slapped you soonerthat was unpleasant and be happy in his presence.minds were very clear. If Maggie took him, he could not keep any ofA perfect content grew upon her; she forgot her fearsher loneliness of marriage dragon-fly ceremonies. of some tomato hungry cave-lion or saber- toothed menu tiger, and The assembled members insecticide of the tribeher quarrel with Fred; she remembered only the happy company of the



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates