« Home | Nothing makes any sense anymore, but everything rh... » | This isn't helping my painful ambivalence about th... » | Why do you do what they tell you? » | Joy inducing external causes » | More valuable than the Mona Lisa » | I am young and I am good » | Tell me what to do if it all falls through » | Light headed » | Top marks for the cops » | Some kind of breakthrough » 

Thursday, February 21, 2008 

The grace of a slasher movie

I'm still mulling over exactly how I feel about Heretic Pride (the first Mountain Goats album I've heard since becoming a fan that finds me kind of nonplussed), although I'm pretty sure it'll wind up on my top 20 for the year. But I can honestly say that for once a review has actually clarified my view of the album somewhat; that the review, easily the best thing you will read anywhere about Heretic Pride, is by my friend the good and wise Mike R. Powell, is merely icing on the cake.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates