« Home | And you used to love me that way » | None of us have anything » | "I cannot answer you, because it’s totally unknown... » | "That brings up a lot of horrible memories." » | Those poor kids » | And that it's coming at a bad time » | Checking in » | Sometimes I hate nerds » | Presents in the den » | Procrastinate now! » 

Monday, January 31, 2011 

The treasure deep inside us



I'm more than a little late, I know, but this essay on Joan of Arc is easily the best thing I've read that was written in response (in some sense, at least) to the shooting in Tucson (although if you want something more direct...).

I am unabashedly a cat person (not that I mind dogs or dog people, that would be stupid), so I definitely wish that this, as excellent as it is, had a more general form.

I think I probably blogged it when someone posted a Justin Bieber song slowed down 800% or whatever it was, but clearly that had nothing on the same trick done to the Jurassic Park theme.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates