« Home | Communications down » | Financial ruin » | You're no doubt wondering » | At last » | Quaffing » | Probably the last one » | "I have always been a storm" » | Could it be me? » | Gelatinous bastards » | Happy anniversary » 

Thursday, November 29, 2007 

Look up

1. No Country For Old Men is even better than the reviews suggest. Go see it. Javier Bardem terrifies me.

2. My last tutorial, yesterday, went really well (I think). I actually managed to explain to the how Nozick's libertarianism arises not from stupidity or venality but from a set of intelligent, coherent, good-faith principles. He's still dramatically wrong, of course (and I get the impression the students were with me on that one), but I had them nodding their heads as I pointed out how he got there. Strangely satisfying. Oh, if only I had enough teachables to teach high school...

3. The tuition situation is in hand, although a continued source of stress. Still no TAship, applying for bursaries, parents are helping out (I think). This certainly isn't making me like grad school any more.

Yay Nozick!

I actually wish I had taken more PHIL courses back in the day.

Man, you would like Nozick.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates