« Home | Look up » | Communications down » | Financial ruin » | You're no doubt wondering » | At last » | Quaffing » | Probably the last one » | "I have always been a storm" » | Could it be me? » | Gelatinous bastards » 

Saturday, December 01, 2007 

I won't fuck us over

A friend turned up this Torontoist account of the first time I saw the National; it's very well written, and David Topping's a really nice guy, but I'm especially pleased/amused because I'm the "Stylus Magazine writer" he mentions meeting at the show. I feel a little bad; I expressed interest in Torontoist when I met David at the show and got his email address, then promptly lost that scrap of paper in my apartment and never got back to him. I'm sure he doesn't need the help, but still.

(oh, and "Mr. November" is in my mind about a ballplayer and Bush and Berninger's normal office Everyman, all at once - an open-endedness Topping notes, of course)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates