« Home | I won't fuck us over » | Look up » | Communications down » | Financial ruin » | You're no doubt wondering » | At last » | Quaffing » | Probably the last one » | "I have always been a storm" » | Could it be me? » 

Sunday, December 02, 2007 

There's nothing more terrifying than a scientist who thinks he's seen God

I was looking something else up, but randomly tripping over this old review of Runrig's Mara reminds of just why I love glenn mcdonald's writing so fiercely. Those first two paragraphs, out of nowhere, articulate a type of criticism more interesting and valuable than that practiced by a good, oh, 60% of my contemporaries.




(yes, it's safe to assume I'm not talking about ex-Stylus people here, and no I'm not under the delusion that glenn's way is the only good way to do music criticism)



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates