« Home | There's nothing more terrifying than a scientist w... » | I won't fuck us over » | Look up » | Communications down » | Financial ruin » | You're no doubt wondering » | At last » | Quaffing » | Probably the last one » | "I have always been a storm" » 

Monday, December 03, 2007 

I didn't even have to use my A.K.

I return from a brief but enjoyable summit at the Brass Taps with my fellow PHIL 1050 instructors (TAs and professor both), fortified with many pints of Rickard's White; which may not prove that Rickard's Red isn't swill fit only for pigs, but is at least a good beer in its own right. Today the owner of the store turned to me, apropos of nothing (that I know of) and told me he'd given me a 25 cent an hour raise; my shift at work went marvelously, I finished 99% of my TAing duties for 1050 and got away with marking only ten exams, eight of which I picked because I like the students' work/are curious what they'll say. I have a double hamburger from Harvey's in front of me. I don't need to wake up early tomorrow. I am going to see Los Campesinos! on Wednesday. I got most of my Xmas shopping done. This is perhaps the first time I've been pleasantly tipsy all semester. I'm going to bed - there's no way the day is going to improve.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates