« Home | A romantic about music » | I didn't even have to use my A.K. » | There's nothing more terrifying than a scientist w... » | I won't fuck us over » | Look up » | Communications down » | Financial ruin » | You're no doubt wondering » | At last » | Quaffing » 

Thursday, December 06, 2007 

Mouth full of pain

I've been sick - not the kind where you can't go to work, just the kind where I've been mainlining Halls (lemon-lime flavour - so necessary) in order to speak with customers at work for longer than five seconds without coughing. Which also means that outside of work and marking I haven't wanted to do anything more demanding than watch TV - including updating blogs. But I also saw Los Campesinos! last night with Julia and Ben (fantastic, as always - and sweet god DAMN am I excited about the album!) which means I have bruised thumbs/palms from hammering away on the amp I was standing in front of. I have no idea why my throat/mouth has gotten so swollen and painful (all the singing along, I guess? It felt fine at the time), but I do know I'm ready for it all to be over. It's impossible to work (on writing) like this.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates